Sunday, December 1, 2019

Let There Be Light

I wrote a song this year - my first one.  I wanted the Primary children to sing something new for the Primary Program this year, and I came up with a short song that I combined with "I am Like A Star".  We did a few different "mash-ups" for the program, and you can read more here.  I later wrote a few more verses, but only have a recording of the first verse.



1) The earth in the beginning
was dark and without light
but a plan had been prepared
for us to come

We knew we would be tested
to choose from wrong and right
and a path was giv'n
to guide us safely home


2) Our parents in the garden
Father Adam, Mother Eve
Made the choice that gave us
all a chance to live;

A body for our spirit
is everything we'd need
to create the light that
we can freely give.


3)We have a living prophet
to guide us in our day
And he helps us to see
what we can become;

We also have a family,
our closest source of light,
and can live with them
eternally as one.

Chorus:
Let there be light
and let the whole world see
the promises that He
has made are true

May I shine bright
and may I always be
a source of light
my whole life through.