Sunday, September 16, 2018

September 16, 1998 - Day 1

My first entry in my Misison Journal, nearly 20 years ago:

September 16, 1998 
Wednesday

Today is a very important day in my life! I entered the MTC in preparations to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It has been a wonderful experience so far, and I know there will be many more exciting and spiritual days! I am halting my writing in my other Journal, so for the next two years everything will be in here. It is exciting to think that the time is here! I have waited for this moment for years, and things couldn’t have gone any better! I am getting along great with my first companion – Elder Bugnet – and tonight I was called to be the district leader! We have six in our district, so it is fairly small, but it is a great group! I am over mail delivery & watching over the Elders in our district. My roommates are great – one of them is even obsessive-compulsive (well, slightly). It is going to be great! My companion is from Ogden – isn’t that funny? – and my suite roommates are from Hooper and Mesa, Arizona. We are all going to the same mission (if the Visas go through!) so that makes it exciting also.